Monday, November 27, 2006

$60 closer to getting rid of BAD DEBT and getting out of the rat race


Today I spent time putting up Christmas decorations in the public areas of a hotel. It is a temporary gig, and I'm expected until Wednesday. Today, I put in seven hours, but our lunch hours (and they are an hour) are not covered. At $10 per hour, that is $60 before taxes.

I'm very excited because last year I did this, but my mind wasn't focused toward eliminating my BAD DEBT, but instead zeroed in on wanting to hang out with Boss 1 whom I had a crush on. I hadn't been playing Cashflow 101 regularly back then. In fact, when I was decorating lobbies last year, I hadn't played Robert Kiyosaki's Cashflow 101 for several years. This year, the gig was easier because I had done it before, I was more comfortable with the weird world of Boss 2, my esteem for Boss 1 was reduced and I no longer suffered the intense crush, and most importantly, I had a clear purpose: raise funds to eliminate bad debt--what a difference this change in mindset makes!

No comments: