Friday, February 09, 2007

Cashflow 101 Gametime Report

I arrived late to yesterday's game at the library and took over for G, a librarian, who needed to go back to work. AK was a doctor. She struggled with continually picking up duplexes and large down payment houses in the Big Deal pile, which only added to her passive income a few hundred dollars at a time. Because she was a doctor, she had about $10 000 in expenses, which is a lot of passive income to build up.

I won the game by landing on my cheese/dream, fishing in Montana, after I had gotten another $20 000 positive cashflow on the fast track from a few businesses. I got out of the rat race with two high ROI (return on investment) businesses--a coin telephone business, and a pinball machine arcade. Do people achieve 96% ROIs in real life? However, getting out of the rat race took me more than an hour, even after coming late and taking over for G. So, I am back to the beginning of the cycle in aiming to get out of the rat race in under an hour three times in a row.

After the game, LL scrambled to get to the self-storage facility before it closed to store the game over night. I stuck around at the library and found another RichDad Advisors book. It is The ABCs of Getting Out of Debt: turn bad debt into good debt and bad credit into good credit. It is by Garrett Sutton. Robert Kiyosaki provides the forward. Robert must be making a fortune of passive income from his whole series of "advisors" books; every time I turn around, I notice a new title in the series!

No comments: